NEXT CLASS BEGINS JANUARY 6, 2014
(754) 321-5732 - COMPLETE IN 15 MONTHS!!
The Drafting program prepares you for employment as a draftsman. You will be given instruction to master the techniques and skill of mechanical and civil and structural drafting. You will use computer aided drafting (CAD) to design and draw detailed working plans and blueprints for the architectural, landscaping, construction, and manufacturing industries. Qualify for employment in positions such as Blueprint Reader, Drafting Assistant, Drafting Detailer I & II, Architectural Drafter, Civil Drafter, Mechanical Drafter, and Structural Drafter.
The Drafting REFRESHER courses - A+ CAD, ArchiCAD-3D & Solidworks - are scheduled Monday through Friday, 8:00AM until 11:00AM. These begin again on January 6, 2014.
- Learn drafting principles and techniques using manual drafting boards and tools
- Learn techniques and technology to prepare computer aided drawings (CAD).
- Learn how to plan, prepare, and interpret technical drawings and sketches.
- Training is provided in various fields of drafting, such as Architectural, Civil, Mechanical, and Structural.
Content Breakdown - 1500 Hours
||Drafting Detailer 1
||Drafting Detailer 2
Laboratory activities are an integral part of this program. These activities include instruction in the use of safety procedures, tools, equipment, materials, and processes related to these occupations.
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) and attend orientation.
- Register for ABE/AAAE classes, if needed. (Depends on TABE scores)
- Schedule an interview with Mrs. Franzie Williams by calling (754) 321-5814 or (754) 321-5732.
- Complete a FAFSA application, if needed, and contact the Financial Aid Department at 754-321-5738
- Register for the Drafting program.
Total Program Length: 1500 Hours/15 Month to completion at Full Time
||8:00am - 11:00am
||8:00am - 2:30pm
Industry Certifications Available:
ADDA - American Design Drafting Association & American Digital Design Association
Franzie Williams, Counselor for Drafting
Approximate Total Program Cost - Tuition and Fees*
Florida Resident: $5000.*
*Prices are subject to change without notice. Florida residents must bring two types of identification as proof of residency.