COMPLETE IN 12 MONTHS!!
NEXT DAY CLASS BEGINS AUGUST 24, 2015
NEXT EVENING/HYBRID CLASS (COMPLETE IN 22 MONTHS) BEGINS AUGUST 24, 2015 (Hybrid)
The Welding Technology program offers students the opportunity to become skilled welders and welder helpers by providing instruction in the basics of welding, with equal emphasis on theory and hands-on experience. You will learn to confidently use gas and electric welding equipment. You will learn to work with steel, aluminum and stainless steel metals. Along with the hands-on training, you will learn blueprint reading and applied math. You will, at completion of all aspects of Welding Technology, be eligible to gain an AWS welding certification.
Among the subjects covered in McFatter's Welding Technology program are:
- Welder Helper
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Gas-Metal Arc Welding
- Flux Cored Arc Welding
- Gas-Tungsten Arc Welding
- Pipe Welding
Content Breakdown - 1170 Hours/12 Months/Hybrid Course
||Welder, Shielded Metal Arc
||Welder, Gas-Metal Arc
||Welder, Flux Cored Arc
||Welder, Gas-Tungsten Arc
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) ($10) and attend orientation.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview with Ms. Esme Maldonado by calling (754) 321-5700.
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary (depends on TABE scores) Can start Welding Tech course and attend remedial classes during same semesters.
- Have acceptable scores on the TABE: 9.0 in Reading, 9.0 in Math, 9.0 in Language on the "Difficult" level before completing certificate in Welding Technology
- Complete the FAFSA application online and meet with a Financial Aid Advisor, if needed.
- Register for the next available Welding Technology course.
Total Program Length: 1170 Hours/12 Months to completion at Full Time/Hybrid Course
|Full Time DAY/Hybrid (12 Months)
Monday-Thursday on campus,
8:00 am - 2:30 pm
|Part Time EVENINGS/Hybrid
|Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
|6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Industry Certifications Available:
American Welding Society Certified Welder
American Welding Society
Ms. Esme Maldonado, Counselor for Applied Welding Technology
Approximate Total Program Cost - Tuition and Fees*:
Florida Resident: $4157.00*
*Prices are subject to change without notice. Florida residents must bring two types of identification as proof of residency.