COMPLETE IN 12 MONTHS!!
NEXT DAY CLASS BEGINS JANUARY 6, 2014
NEXT EVENING/HYBRID CLASS BEGINS JANUARY 6, 2014
The Applied Welding Technology program offers students the opportunity to become skilled welders and welder helpers by providing instruction in the basics of welding, with equal emphasis on theory and hands-on experience. You will learn to confidently use gas and electric welding equipment. You will learn to work with steel, aluminum and stainless steel metals. Along with the hands-on training, you will learn blueprint reading and applied math. You will, at completion of all aspects of Applied Welding Technology, be eligible to gain an AWS welding certification.
Among the subjects covered in McFatter's Applied Welding Technology program are:
- Welder Helper
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Gas-Metal Arc Welding
- Flux Cored Arc Welding
- Gas-Tungsten Arc Welding
- Pipe Welding
Content Breakdown - 1200 Hours:
||Welder, Shielded Metal Arc
||Welder, Gas-Metal Arc
||Welder, Flux Cored Arc
||Welder, Gas-Tungsten Arc
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) ($10) and attend orientation.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview with Mrs. Franzie Williams by calling (754) 321-5732
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary (depends on TABE scores) Can start Applied Welding Tech course and attend remedial classes during same semesters.
- Have acceptable scores on the TABE: 9.0 in Reading, 9.0 in Math, 9.0 in Language on the "Difficult" level before completing certificate in Applied Welding Technology
- Complete the FAFSA application online and meet with a Financial Aid Advisor, if needed.
- Register for the next available Applied Welding Technology course.
Total Program Length: 1170 Hours/12 Months to completion at Full Time
||8:00 AM-2:30 PM
||6:00 PM-10:00 PM
Industry Certifications Available:American Welding Society Certified Welder
Industry Accreditations:American Welding Society
Contact Information:Franzie Williams, Counselor for Applied Welding Technology(754) email@example.com
Approximate Total Program Cost - Tuition and Fees*Florida Resident: $4400.*
*Prices are subject to change without notice. Florida residents must bring two types of identification as proof of residency.