NEXT CLASS BEGINS JANUARY 11, 2016
Teacher Assistant Training Program- 600 hours:
The Teacher Assisting Program prepares students for employment as teacher assistants within the Broward County Public School System. The course content includes responsibilities and tasks of a Teacher Assistant: lesson planning and implementation, classroom management techniques, rules, regulations, and standard procedures within the Broward County School system, and a review for the Broward County mandated ParaPro Assessment.
Teacher Assistant Training Program content includes:
- Responsibilities of a teacher assistant
- The teacher and teacher assistant relationship
- Teacher assistant tasks
- School personnel handbook
- Growth stages of children and adolescents
- Teacher's lesson plans and lesson objectives
- Working with the disadvantaged and special needs children
- Effects of drug and alcohol abuse
- Child abuse and its relationship to school employees
- Rules, regulations and standard procedures
- Observation and reporting of critical incidents
- Techniques to assist with various behavior issues
- Operation of Macintosh computer and software programs used in schools
- Familiarization with AV equipment<
- School media center reference systems
- Preparation of visual aids and educational games
- First aid and safety procedures
- Supervision of playground and equipment;
- Student illness and accident procedures
- knowledge of school forms
- Application of basic skills
- Tasks/activities teacher assistants may not perform
- ParaPro Assessment review.
Full Time: Monday - Friday 9:15 am - 4:15 pm
Part Time: Monday - Friday 9:15 am - 12:45 pm
Florida Resident - $1760.*
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Ms. Marsha Williams, Counselor for Teacher Assistant
Call today to find out more about our Teacher Assistant Training Program!