NEXT CLASS BEGINS JANUARY 6, 2014
Teacher Assistant Training Program- 600 hours:
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment as teacher assistants within the Broward County Public School System.
Teacher Assistant Training Program content includes:
• Responsibilities of a teacher assistant
• The teacher and teacher assistant relationship
• Teacher assistant tasks
• School personnel handbook
• Growth stages of children and adolescents
• Teacher's lesson plans and lesson objectives
• Working with the disadvantaged and special needs children
• Effects of drug and alcohol abuse
• Child abuse and its relationship to school employees
• Rules, regulations and standard procedures
• Observation and reporting of critical incidents
• Techniques to assist with various behavior issues
• Operation of Macintosh computer and software programs used in schools
• Familiarization with AV equipment
• School media center reference systems
• Preparation of visual aids and educational games
• First aid and safety procedures
• Supervision of playground and equipment;
• Student illness and accident procedures
• knowledge of school forms
• Application of basic skills
• Tasks/activities teacher assistants may not perform
• ParaPro Assessment review.
TUITION: Florida Resident - $1760.00*
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Call today to find out more about our Teacher Assistant Training Program!
Rachel Victor, Counselor for Teacher Assistant