NEXT CLASS BEGINS JUNE, 2014
The Digital Printing Technology/Printing & Graphic Communications program is designed to prepare students for entry-level employment in the printing and graphic communication industry. The Digital Printing Technology/Printing & Graphic Communications program is PrintED Certified. PrintEd, Administered by the Graphic Arts Education & Research Foundation (GARF) and is a National Accreditation Program.The main objective of this skill-based method of instruction is student proficiency in:
The program provides hands-on experience and instructional opportunities in:
- Graphic Design
- Offset Lithographic Operations
- Computer Graphics
- Design and layout
- Computer-to-plate Technology
- Small Press
- Bindery Operations
Our lab is a full service printing and graphic arts facility. Modern printing methods are taught using lab procedures, with the photo offset process emphasized and other printing methods reviewed. The program uses Adobe software - InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Prerequisites: Completion of orientation, satisfactory scores on the Basic Skills Assessment and an interview with the program counselor.
Program Content: The following stages of the printing and graphic communications process will be accomplished through hands-on training:
- Computer graphics fundamentals and troubleshooting
- Basic principles of layout and design, typography and file formatting
- Adobe software applications covering page layout, illustration, photo retouching and electronic scanning
- Creating and printing of portfolio projects: logos, business forms, posters, package designs, newsletters, brochures, business cards, and T-shirts.
- Computer-to-plate technology, proper PDF and file formatting
- Principles of proofing and platemaking.
- Small and multi-color press orientation.
- Identification of various paper grades used in industry.
- Mixing of printing press inks.
- Bindery and finishing operations.
Total Program Length: 1800 Hours
Industry Certifications Available:
Adobe Certified Associate for Adobe Photoshop
Graphic Arts Education and Research Foundation
James Morina, Counselor for Digital Printing Technology/Printing & Graphic Communications
Approximate Total Program Cost - Tuition and Fees (Books and Materials are Extra)*:
Florida Resident $5740.00
*Prices are subject to change without notice. Florida residents must present two (2) types of ID as proof of residency.