COMPLETE IN 12 MONTHS!!
NEXT CLASS BEGINS OCTOBER 29,2014 (Days and Evenings)
Graduates who complete the Commercial Foods and Culinary Arts program are eligible for employment in the following areas:
- Pastry cook
- Restaurant cook
- Hotel cook
- Resort cook
- Basic management positions anywhere in the food service industry.
This program is a blend of classroom/lab activities, on-line activities and culinary arts skills, among which are:
- Food Production
- Basic Baking & Pastry
- Sanitation (ServSafe)
- Food Cost Controls
Central to the program is hands-on learning in our state of the art kitchens, where students are directed in a wide range of food preparation from stocks, soups and sauces to baked goods and desserts. General housekeeping and equipment operation skills necessary for success are also part of the curriculum.
Content Breakdown - 1200 Hours:
||Cook - Restaurant
||Food Service Management
Total Program Length: 1200 Hours/12 months to completion at Full Time
| Full Time
|7:30 am - 2:45 pm
| Part Time days
|7:30 am - 11:00 am
| Full Time evenings
|4:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Industry Certifications Available:
The following Certifications are from American Culinary Federation Education Foundation (ACFEF):
Post-Secondary students: CC (Certified Culinarian) or CPC (Certified Pastry Culinarian)
Secondary students: CJC (Certified Junior Culinarian)
American Culinary Federation Education Foundation
Ms. Franzie Williams, Counselor for Commercial Foods and Culinary Arts
Approximate Total Program Cost - Tuition and Fees*
*Florida Resident $4800.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) ($10) and attend orientation
- Schedule an appointment for an interview with Mrs. Franzie Williams by calling (754) 321-5732
- Enroll in for ABE/AAAE classes, if necessary (depends on TABE scores). Can start Commercial Foods and Culinary Arts course and attend remedial classes during same semesters.
- Register for the next available Commercial Foods & Culinary Arts Program