NEXT CLASS BEGINS AUGUST 19, 2013!
The Patient Care Technician program is a blend of classroom laboratory and clinical instruction. The course content includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal patient care skills
- Principles of infection control
- Home Health care services
- Physical and safety functions
- Phlebotomy procedures
- EKG modalities
- Take the TABE test.
- Register for ABE/AAAE, if needed (depends on TABE scores), as soon as possible.
- Schedule a Medical Technology Orientation by calling (754) 321-5891 (Ms. Meghan Hamlin, Counselor)
- Two proofs of Florida residency (12 months). Bring original and copy.
- If your name is different than the one printed on your high school diploma, you will need to bring original and copy of a legal document showing proof of your name change or a marriage certificate.
- Complete a physical examination and immunization form.
- Complete the drug screening ($32 fee*).
- Complete the FDLE background check/fingerprinting with the School Board of Broward County ($47 fee*)
Patient Care Technicians can seek employment in any of the following medical areas:
- Nursing Homes
- Home Health agencies
Total Program Length: 600 Hours
Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 3:15pm
Industry Certifications Available:
Certified Nursing Assistant through the Florida Board of Nursing
Florida Board of Nursing
There is an articulation agreement between the Broward Technical Centers called "Patient Care Technician to Practical Nursing". Completion of Patient Care Technician gives students who wish to articulate the first 165 hours of credit towards the Practical Nursing Program.
Meghan Hamlin-Emerson, Counselor for Patient Care Technician
Approximate Total Program Cost - Tuition and Fees (Books and Materials are Extra):*
Florida Resident $1802.00*
Non Florida Resident - Call (754) 321-5891
*Prices are subject to change without notice.