NEXT CLASS BEGINS AUGUST 19, 2013 - CALL NOW!!
The Dental Laboratory Technology program consists of six (6) terms of eighteen (18) weeks each and a five (5) week internship in Term 6. Laboratory activities are integrated with theory in a curriculum which provides an opportunity to acquire a thorough working knowledge of intraoral anatomy, tooth morphology and dental materials science as it relates to the modern commercial dental laboratory. This program will include the following specialty areas:
- Oral Anatomy/Tooth Morphology
- Complete Denture Prosthodontics
- Removable Partial Restorations
- Fixed Restorations (crown and bridge)
Upon completion the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proper metal design for individual and multiple unit P.F.M. restorations and application of porcelain.
- Design and fabricate restorations containing attachments/implants that are aesthetically incorporated in the ceramic structure.
- Fabrication of all ceramic restorations:
- Refractory technique
- Press technique
- Fabricate fixed restorations using Micro Hybrid Composite.
Students work with a variety of materials including waxes, plastics, silicone rubber, non-precious alloys, stainless steel, and porcelain.
Total Program Length: 2040 Hours
||8:00am - 2:30pm
Industry Certifications Available:
Once the program is completed, students sit for the Recognized Graduate Examination. After two years of employment, they are eligible to take the Certified Dental Technician's (CDT) Examination.
American Dental Association
National Association of Dental Laboratory
National Board for Certification
Florida Dental Laboratory Association
Meghan Hamlin-Emerson, Counselor for Dental Lab Technician
Approximate Total Program Cost - Tuition and Fees (Books and Materials are Extra):*
Florida Resident $6424.00*
Non Florida Resident - Call (754) 321-5891 for further information*
Prices subject to change without notice.*
Please note, students and workers in this field may be at risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens, such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and HIV.