NEXT CLASS BEGINS AUGUST 18, 2014 - CALL NOW!!
The Dental Laboratory Technology program is an 18-month program, which includes a 5 week internship.
- Oral Anatomy/Tooth Morphology
- Complete Denture Prosthodontics
- Removable Partial Restorations
- Fixed Restorations (crown and bridge)
Upon completion the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proper metal design for individual and multiple unit P.F.M. restorations and application of porcelain.
- Design and fabricate restorations containing attachments/implants that are aesthetically incorporated in the ceramic structure.
- Fabrication of all ceramic restorations:
- Refractory technique
- Press technique
- Fabricate fixed restorations using Micro Hybrid Composite.
Students work with a variety of materials including waxes, plastics, silicone rubber, non-precious alloys, stainless steel, and porcelain.
||Basic Healthcare Worker
||Denture Technician I
||Denture Technician II
||Advanced Denture Technician
||Crown and Bridge Technician
||Dental Laboratory Technician
Students must have a regionally accredited high school diploma or GED upon entry.
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) to qualify for the program. Please visit the Registration Office with $10 and a photo ID to schedule.
- Schedule to meet with the program counselor to review TABE scores and enroll in ABE/AAAE classes, if necessary.
- Attend a Medical Technology Orientation (by appointment only).
- Complete FAFSA application online, if needed, and contact the Financial Aid Department at (754) 321-5738.
- Register for the next available Dental Laboratory course.
Total Program Length:
FULL TIME: 2040 Hours/18 months
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 2:30 pm
Industry Certifications Available:
- Registered Graduate Exam
- Certified Dental Technician's Exam (after 2 years of employment in the field.)
This program is recognized by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation.
Ms. Marsha Williams, Counselor for Dental Lab Technology
Approximate Total Program Cost - Tuition and Fees (Books and Materials are Extra)*:
Florida Resident $6526.
*Prices are subject to change without notice. Florida residents must present two (2) types of ID as proof of residency.