NEXT CLASS BEGINS JANUARY 5, 2015 - CALL NOW!!
The Dental Laboratory Technology program is an 18-month program, which includes a 5 week internship.
- Oral Anatomy/Tooth Morphology
- Complete Denture Prosthodontics
- Removable Partial Restorations
- Fixed Restorations (crown and bridge)
Upon completion the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proper metal design for individual and multiple unit P.F.M. restorations and application of porcelain.
- Design and fabricate restorations containing attachments/implants that are aesthetically incorporated in the ceramic structure.
- Fabrication of all ceramic restorations:
- Refractory technique
- Press technique
- Fabricate fixed restorations using Micro Hybrid Composite.
Students work with a variety of materials including waxes, plastics, silicone rubber, non-precious alloys, stainless steel, and porcelain.
|COURSE ||COURSE TITLE ||COURSE LENGTH |
|HSC0003 ||Basic Healthcare Worker ||90 Hours |
|DEA0705 ||Denture Technician I ||345 Hours |
|DEA0713 ||Denture Technician II ||345 Hours |
|DEA0706 ||Advanced Denture Technician ||375 Hours |
|DEA0709 ||Crown and Bridge Technician ||370 Hours |
|DEA0710 ||Ceramic Technician ||245 Hours |
|DEA0005 ||Dental Laboratory Technician ||270 Hours |
Students must have a regionally accredited high school diploma or GED upon entry.
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) to qualify for the program. Please visit the Registration Office with $10 and a photo ID to schedule.
- Schedule to meet with the program counselor to review TABE scores and enroll in ABE/AAAE classes, if necessary.
- Attend a Medical Technology Orientation (by appointment only).
- Complete FAFSA application online, if needed, and contact the Financial Aid Department at (754) 321-5738.
- Register for the next available Dental Laboratory course.
Total Program Length:
FULL TIME: 2040 Hours/18 months
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 2:30 pm
Industry Certifications Available:
- Registered Graduate Exam
- Certified Dental Technician's Exam (after 2 years of employment in the field.)
Program Accreditations:This program is recognized by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation.
Contact Information:Marsha Williams, Counselor for Dental Lab Technology(754) email@example.com
Approximate Total Program Cost - Tuition and Fees (Books and Materials are Extra)*:Florida Resident $6526.
*Prices are subject to change without notice. Florida residents must present two (2) types of ID as proof of residency.