COMPLETE IN 6 MONTHS!!
McFatter Technical Center's Baking and Pastry Arts program prepares students to work with bakery and dessert goods including fruit, nuts, and various types of dough. The program includes advanced baking techniques, dessert preparation, confectionary techniques, and display and centerpiece creation. the Baking and Pastry Arts program focuses on preparation for employment as pastry chef in the food service industry. This program offers a sequence of courses in preparation, presentation and serving a wide variety of baked, pastry, and dessert goods. Leadership, communication, and employability skills as well as safe/efficient work practices are also covered. Baking and Pastry Arts is a blended class, with portions on-line and portions on campus. Hands-on activities are completed in the lab on campus. Academic activities are a blend of lectures, videos, demonstrations and on-line curriculum.
Total Program Length: 600 Hours/6 Months to completion at Full Time
|7:30 AM - 2:45 PM
||7:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Franzie Williams, Counselor for Culinary Arts
Approximate Total Program Cost - Tuition and Fees (Books and Materials are Extra)*:
*Florida Resident $1760
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) ($10) and attend orientation
- Schedule an appointment for an interview with Mrs. Franzie Williams by calling 754-321-5732
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary (depends on TABE scores). Can start Baking and Pastry Arts course and attend remedial classes during same semesters.
- Complete the FAFSA application online, if needed, and meet with a Financial Aid Advisor.
- Register for the next available Baking and Pastry Arts program.
NEW CLASS BEGINS AUGUST 19, 2013!!