NEXT CLASS BEGINS JANUARY 11, 2016
COMPLETE IN 12 MONTHS-FULL TIME
The Automotive Collision Repair and Refinishing program prepares students for employment in the basic trade skills of auto body collision and repair. It includes refinishing skills, sheet metal repair, frame, and unibody squaring and aligning, use of filters, paint systems, and undercoats, related welding skills, mechanical skills, trim hardware maintenance, and glass servicing.
|Basic Trade Skills
||Sheet Metal Repair Skills
||Paint Systems & Undercoats
||Use of Filters
|Other Miscellaneous Repairs
||Frame & Unibody Squaring & Aligning
Course Content Breakdown - 1400 Hours:
|Paint and Body Helper
|Paint and Body Assistant
|Auto Collision Estimator
|Frame and Body Repairman
|Automobile Body Repairer
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) (cost - $10) and attend orientation.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview with a Program Counselor by calling (754) 321-5700
- Enroll in ABE/AAAE remedial classes, if necessary (depends on TABE scores). Can start Automotive Collision Repair & Refinishing course and attend ABE/AAAE remedial classes during same semesters.
- Have (or achieve through remediation) acceptable scores on the TABE:
Reading - 9.0, Math - 9.0, and Language - 9.0 all on the "Difficult" level.
- Complete FAFSA application online, if needed, and contact a Financial Aid Advisor at (754) 321-5700.
- Register for the Automotive Collision Repair & Refinishing course.
Total Program Length:
|1400 Hours/14 Months
1400 Hours/28 Months
| Full Time
||Monday - Friday
||7:00 am - 1:45 pm
| Part Time
||Monday - Friday
||7:00 am - 10:00 am OR 10:45 am - 1:45 pm
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Council on Occupational Education
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, students may be awarded credits toward an Associate Degree by selected Florida State Colleges.
Approximate Total Program Cost - Tuition and Fees (Books and Materials are Extra)*:
*Florida Resident $5105.00 - Florida residents must present two (2) types of ID as proof of residency.
*Non Florida Resident - call (754) 321-5700 for more information.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.